Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ubuntu 11.04, Netgear WG111 weirdness

I have a weird networking problem.
WG111 USB wifi stick <--> Belkin router

I can connect to the router fine, the DHCP client gets an IP address fine:
wlan1
inet addr:192.168.2.9

...and the signal icon is visible in the gnome tray.

...The entry on the router's DHCP table

'route' shows that there is a gateway
default 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan1


and when I open wireshark I am able to see the MDSN traffic from a printer on the network:

and when I try and connect to the router, the TCP handshake never completes:

EDIT:This packet capture shows that I am attempting to connect to 192.168.2.2 instead of 192.168.2.1, the capture looks the same for trying the correct IP address as well /oops

Also, pinging the router's IP, or any connected client's IP gives no response.

*edit*
I installed ndiswrapper and put the wg111 .ini windows driver in that, which seemed to have made it work, but when I booted up again this morning, the WG111 usb powered up, bilnked its light a last 4 times never to be recognized again :I

Wut.

No comments:

Post a Comment