Monday, February 13, 2012

"Adjective" Singularity

This article pulled a huge comment out of me,
So it must be worth a blog post:

Good article.
I will say that the individual mindset will feel inherently ostracized whether he is in a state of prosper or poverty.
I also believe Atlas Shrugged is the story you’re talking about: the transistion between a world that loved novelty, innovation and risk towards a sterilized and safe world of predictable cycles..
I don’t believe it’s ideological martyrdom, you can’t kill a rock… its a hibernation if anything:
“Build your cities proud and high. Lay your sewers. Span your rivers. Work feverishly. Sleep dreamlessly. Sing madly, like the bulbul. Underneath, below the deepest foundations, there lives another race of men. They are dark, sombre, passionate. They muscle into the bowels of the earth. They wait with a patience which is terrifying. They are the scavengers, the devourers, the avengers. They emerge when everything topples into dust.” — Henry Miller: Sexus
Maybe I truly am a doomed deviant not deserving an existence among the people-pleasing master race. Your article did call it: I am pretty much homeless…
Another thought (cosmic shmuck level):
that the whole cosmos got too caught up in itself, and everything is springing back very forcefully to try and attain zero again… and in doing so the pendulum is going far into what we see as group think. I don’t know, this movement of “the principle” is why I think the first sentence of the Tao Te Ching reads like it does.
There are A LOT of people who are currently prospering that don’t really DO anything besides be conduits for the skills and money of others. This doesn’t worry me either, I’ve seen it as a stretching out of cosmic energy, instead of concentrated individuals it has become a network of node humans that live by connecting people to eachother, just creating a bigger and bigger network (is this the singularity in action and it’s just waiting for me to “give fully”?). It’s interesting and I believe I could do it, but I would come away feeling dirty.
Maybe it’s because I AM the dirty one in the eyes of “the ‘human’ singularity” (the adjective means less and less as we get closer to pure singularity).
wow. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment