Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gabriel Syme, the protagonist (Thursday)

Copied straight from Wikipedia, just for my own collection of words placed in patterns that please some neurons that I associated with.

* "[...] no man should leave in the universe anything of which he is afraid."
* "The rare, strange thing is to hit the mark; the gross, obvious thing is to miss it."
* "Chaos is dull [...]"
* "[...] what is there poetical about being in revolt? You might as well say that it is poetical to be sea-sick. [...] Revolt in the abstract is — revolting. It's mere vomiting. [...] It is things going right [...] that is poetical!"
* "[...] just at present you only see the tree by the light of the lamp. I wonder when you would ever see the lamp by the light of the tree."
* "[...] always be comic in a tragedy. What the deuce else can you do?"
* "The moderns say we must not punish heretics. My only doubt is whether we have a right to punish anyone else."
* "Don't you see we've checkmated each other? [...] I can't tell the police you are an anarchist. You can't tell the anarchists I'm a policeman."

I'm going to go pick up the book this character is from tomorrow, "The Man who was Thursday"... seems really cool from what I've peeked.

No comments:

Post a Comment