Saturday, August 28, 2010

On the Bondage of the Will

From the wiki article: "On the Bondage of the Will"

His conclusions are that unredeemed human beings are dominated by Satan: Satan as the prince of this world never lets go of what he considers his own unless he is overpowered by a stronger power, i.e. God. When God redeems a person, he redeems the entire person, including the will, which then is liberated to serve God.


and I thought this was a good joke, the wiki author thought he was "proud" of his essay On the Bound Will...

Regarding [the plan] to collect my writings in volumes, I am quite cool and not at all eager about it because, roused by a Saturnian hunger, I would rather see them all devoured. For I acknowledge none of them to be really a book of mine, except perhaps the one On the Bound Will and the Catechism.

No comments:

Post a Comment