Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MOT Welder: 02

Here we go again, I wound the 10 gauge wire around the transformers. With one of the transformers I was able to wind 20 turns, the other I could only fit around 17 turns. The odd thing is that the 20 turn transformer put out around 15 VAC versus the 18 VAC from the 17 turn one.

I wired both of the transformers together and got 33.8 VAC. The next step will be getting my dad's welding equipment, an electrode holder, a case, and some pieces of scrap metal to practice welding on.

Here is a video of the very first test, I believe the multimeter's leads weren't touching the copper wire and it arced and scared me. Notice how I automatically cover my crotch.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content./Nice article and great photos. Very nicely done!

    Welding Equipment

    ReplyDelete