Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Planning things

Last night I checked out Zach's sister's place and hung out with Zach and Tim and the dogs, pretty cool, got to watch some Tim and Eric.

The August 19th show @ The trunk space, seems to be off, we'll hang in there :)

This morning I made a list of additional components needed for my burning man art project, but then I imagined how bulky this is going to get, I really need to figure out a good thing to do. The wiring will be the most expensive part of the project, I was thinking 10 feet of wire per LED, and there will be 20 LEDs, 200 feet of 2 conductor wire... then I was thinking of daisy chaining the ground between the units to use single conductor wire, 200 feet + ??? for ground. Sigh, I don't even know if this would be cool at BM, I have NO IDEA!

I also need to borrow/buy a p-touch machine to make labels for that LSDJ-MC2. It would be cool to get one of those old school ones.

Maybe I should drop the current project idea, and start from scratch, maybe do just 10 LEDs... so 100 feet of wire would be around 11 bucks. Originally I would have 2 sets of 10 LEDs chasing at different speeds in different directions and you could control the speed with a couple pots.

Well, I'll keep figuring things, and keep this blog updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment